OAIM brings short term missionaries to Asia, Africa and areas around the USA.
While on the mission field, you will be doing a variety of ministry depending upon the needs of the local churches and the giftings of the missions team. Some of the activities you may be involved in include:
– Orphanage Visitation – OAIM has several private orphanages that we visit on our trips.
– VBS/ Children’s Ministry – Using games, gospel magic, puppets, as well as illustrated teachings, the OAIM mission team ministers to children throughout the country.
– Teaching – Those who are gifted teachers or even those that want to become gifted teachers will have opportunities to share with students in our Bible Training Centers.
– Service Projects – Help build a church or make repairs on a pastors home. If you are handy, we can definitely use your skills.
– Tribal Ministry – OAIM desires to reach people who have never heard the Gospel of Jesus. In the past, we have visited with tribes in the mountainous areas and shared a meal, our testimony, and just showing them the love of Jesus.
– Youth Conferences – Music, drama, and personal testimonies are used to reach the youth in various areas, from shopping malls to slum areas.
– House to House Visitation – Going into neighborhoods and villages to personally touch the lives of the people there by visiting them in their homes. The mission team distributes tracts, candy, and Bibles to minister to both adults and children.
- Is it safe to travel to the Philippines and other areas in which OAIM offers short term mission trips?
- What does the price of the trip include?
- Are all donations tax deductible?
- What happens if I cancel my trip?
- Is there an age limit?
- Do I have to be in good physical shape?
NOTE: Due to electrical issues (220V and frequent blackouts in the areas where we minister) we are not able to accommodate individuals with medical equipment.
- NEXT STEPS
- Fill out the OAIM Short term missions application (pdf)
- Mail the application along with a $400 downpayment.