I have always heard that knowledge is power. I disagree! I believe that applied knowledge is power. The majority of you who are reading this know they should tithe to their local church. They know this, but they don’t. The worse part is – they wonder why they are always in debt or the cars always in the shop, etc..
We all know that we should eat healthily. We know this to be a truth yet how many actually make good dietary choices?
You see, I can know something but if I never act on that knowledge, what good is it?
Here is what Mark Twain had to say
“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
The NJV (New Jeff Version) goes like this – “You know how… but you don’t, so what’s the use?”
So what do we do? The answer is simple but challenging.
You have to take this principle and apply it to life.
- Eating – make the right choices
- Exercise – Start 😊
- Spiritual Disciplines – Read the Word, pray all the time, love one another even when you don’t feel like it, or they don’t
Here are a few more ideas:
Apply it to your business
- Scheduling – Make your “to-do list and schedule your priorities
- Customer Service – Be nice and practice the golden rule. Go above and beyond expectations.
- Work Ethic – Be the best employee in the company. If you own your business, strive to add value to every aspect of the biz.
Apply it to your ministry
- Outreach – Reaching those far from Christ needs to be central and at the forefront of our hearts and minds.
- Mission – Stop neglecting the Great Commission. The command is to GO… so Go!
- Discipleship – Whatever works in your context, do it. Stop thinking about programs and pull the trigger already! You just need to start! Don’t overcomplicate discipleship.