Why should you go on a short term mission trip? Are there any long term benefits associated with short term missions?
Those are great questions.
Here are some positive outcomes from a successful short term missions trip:
- A mission trip enhances the spiritual growth of the entire church.
- A mission trip can be done from a church of almost any size. Even a small church can do a short term trip.
- A mission trip gives team members a goal that spurs a commitment to spiritual development
- A mission trip provides us with a way to participate in obedience to the Bible (the Great Commission).
- A mission trip can advance a missionary’s work rather than delay it
- A mission trip can bring great excitement to your church.
- A mission trip can be the entry point for God to work in a whole new way in your church.
- A mission trip can develop skills and attitudes in your team members that will benefit the growth of your church.
- A mission trip can help you see the needs of those around you more clearly
- a mission trip will give you a perspective that you can’t get at home
That’s why you should consider being a part of mission trips!
If you are interested in short term missions, fill out the contact form, and we will be in touch.
Jeff Hoglen – Founder of Open Arms International Ministries (OAIM.NET)